LINK AADHAR CARD WITH PAN CARD:-
The government has made it mandatory to provide an Aadhaar number to file income tax return and get a new permanent account number (PAN). The Supreme Court has said that Aadhaar is necessary to file Income Tax Return (ITR) and get a new PAN card.
Send message to PAN service provider
- If you are not able to link the Aadhaar-PAN from the website of the Income Tax Department, then there are other ways.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has said in a notification on 29 June 2017 that you can link PAN-Aadhaar in other ways also.
- You can also link your Aadhaar PAN by just sending an SMS.
- You have to send this SMS to 567678 or 56161.
- Here’s how to send an SMS:
- UIDPAN <space> <12 digit Aadhar Card number> <space> <10 digit pan number>
For example, if your Aadhaar number is 111122223333 and PAN number AAAPA9999Q, then you need to write in SMS:
UIDPAN 111122223333 AAAPA9999Q
Note:- NSDL and UTI do not charge you for this service. It may be that your mobile company deducts some money to send this message.